Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gone international, otra vez

As I'm sitting here writing this, it dawned on me that the title of this blog is no longer fitting. It must be my eye for detail (thank you CPA exam for all the practice). Kathy Goes Global, Part 2. We're not exactly on part 2 anymore; more like part 4 or 5! But make no mistake, I'm going global otra vez!

Drumroll......

BARCELONA BOUND!!


Words cannot describe my excitement at this point. I have been dying to get back to Spain and to the one city that I never got the chance to visit, but that is merely the icing on the cake. I've been so fortunate to have several experiences abroad, each one of them being VERY different from one another, and this is no exception!

The first week of October (luckily I get to squeeze in another section of the CPA exam before I leave... so lucky) I will be boarding a plane to Barcelona and staying for 2 months. I have obtained an accounting/business internship with a local company in Barcelona and will be working the normal 9-5 Spanish style. Before I go any further I wanted to give a little disclaimer here (you never know who reads these things): I could not be happier and more excited with the job offer I have already accepted for this January. This is mainly for the experience and to get my feet wet with the international side of business. But if we're REALLY being honest here, I just want to live in Spanish world one last time while I have the chance ;-)

Bueno, so I'm really looking forward to see what Spanish business is going to be like! I imagine it's rather similar to what I'm accustomed to, but I'm still curious to pick up the different nuances between the two. I've been so anxious to just HAVE to speak in Spanish every day. Good thing too, because I feel like I'm starting to lose my mojo already. I just hope for my sake that Barcelona doesn't mind my fake (but still really cool) Argentine accent because I still can't kick those habits!! Life of a gringa...

Aside from the internship, I also will have my own apartment. Well technically, I will be living with 3 other female students. The apartment is super cool and trendy. Each room has its own balcony, and it's got a good location as well, which is a must for me. This whole apartment experience will be interesting because unlike last time, I won't have a wonderful host madre to answer my silly questions, cook me great food every night, or do my laundry! But in reality, I'm rather looking forward to the challenge of being on my own in one of my absolute favorite countries.

So yes, this experience will without a doubt be different from every other experience abroad I've had so far, but it is going to be awesome. This time around, it is business attire I am packing. I'm looking forward to this new adventure because I think it is going to be one of the coolest yet!

Beso grande!

2 comments:

  1. Buena suerte, Katy! Te voy a estar esperando ahí en el sur del pacifico ;]

    PD: Ojo que me mandes tu dirección nueva... no te estaba jodiendo sobre lo del pen pal! besos cheee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okh-tee...you lost your mojo a LONG time ago!!! Have a great time, I'm enjoying reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete